Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Do List, 2011

Area

Upkeep:

New plantings:

Plans
Zone 1 Kuan Yi garden

 everything holding its own despite Carl. I cut the passion vine down to the root, but it is already sprouting new leaves.

Golden hedge bamboo
Zone 2 Left garden

 I planted alyssum, white verbena, sedum, lettuce, a pretty lavendar lantana, and a purple daisy, osteospermum hybrid which is related to the sunflowers but should be a perennial.  Seems v. hardy.
I started lettuce in my two beautiful big front pots and just to keep t hem company, I put my cucumber in there.  

 Elephant ear.
Zone 3 Right garden

 A rebirth featuring those adorable little blue wildflowers that got me coded by the city last year and the return of the sunshine mimosa.  Hopefully the city won't cite me again.


City strip

Carl cleaned this up and put down new pavers. I must say it looks more like a garden.  Everything is doing well; even the straggly petunias are blooming!


Zone 4 Sunflower garden

 The poor sunflower garden!  Carl trod it into the ground!  I trimmed it way back this weekend and planted a young one (a volunteer that had appeared in a nearby pot!) 


Zone 5 Backdoor strip &
lemon tree & roses

 Grrrr. Those roses.


Zone 6 sunny backyard

 Yeeesh.


Garage mess
 Avert your eyes.






No comments:

Post a Comment