Tuesday, April 12, 2011

return of the ground peanut!!!

What a surprise!  I sighted this ground peanut in a nursery last year, where it was gorgeous and flourishing. Planted it in my front yard and ooooh, not so flourishing.  Every day, a little more dead.  I'd forgotten all about it when this morning, as I was weeding, I witnessed its return from the dead.






Ornamental Peanut is an attractive, low-maintenance groundcover, that blooms bright yellow flowers from spring to first frost. This drought-tolerant, hardy perennial requires no supplemental water after it is established. It is in the peanut family, thus it makes its own nitrogen. This eliminates the need of nitrogen fertilizers. It has no known pests or disease which makes it an excellent ground cover of choice!

(From Sunset Ground Covers)

No comments:

Post a Comment